Sunday, November 9, 2014

You may want to skip Isaac's art commentary

For those of you who haven't been able to divine my metro-sexual tendencies by my fashion selections, it may surprise you to know that I enjoy modern dance now and then.  I wasn't too keen on the program Murray and I saw last night.  It wasn't just because I didn't recognize any of the moves from my ballet 1 class.

Stockholm's presentation of Doubletake was more like a cool lute performance with some irrelevant dancers that occasionally did something cool.  Mainly I liked the solo dancer in the middle of the performance who looked like a break-dancer gone upmarket.  They did some humorous and whimsical stuff which, in addition to the physically challenging, is what I tend to like.  However, much of the humor was in Swedish and French.  The use of #hashtags in the program was quirky too.  While I like improvisation in music, I can't say it worked very well for me in dance.  It seemed to devolve into something between a rugby scrum and Michelangelo's Battaglia dei Centauri.






http://kulturhusetstadsteatern.se/English/Events/2014/DOUBLEtake/



No comments:

Post a Comment