Wednesday, November 26, 2014

I am regaining feeling in my hand

No, I wasn't in a bar fight.  I was carrying home laundry.  We finally got a place with a washing machine, but it broke.  The laundering prices in Northern Europe are astronomical so I was actually pretty excited about this most mundane appliance.  I tried a bunch of stuff to get it going.  Being a compulsive clean freak, I really wanted clean clothes. I was pretty sure the belt had come off.  Don't ask me how I knew, it might put you to sleep.  Engineers just know these things sometimes.

So, we we dropped off the laundry.  The frugal woman at the laundromat was able to get it all back into one back.  It was a bit of a walk getting home.  And get this, even though Murray offered to carry the bag, I said no.  Sometimes it is just easier if Murray isn't helping.  In addition to it being a bit of a walk it was cold.  So I guess I didn't notice the numbness setting in where the strap of the bag had been cutting into my cold bloodless fingers.

But when I got home and warmed up, I was left with a funny tingling in my right, ring finger.  It is still there this morning, but seems to be a bit better.  I hope it doesn't have any lasting repercussions.  It isn't a guitar playing finger, unless I go back to playing classical.  At any rate, I have a picture of the offending bag.  It wasn't that impressive.  So I thought perhaps if I put my foot in the picture for scale it might help.


4 comments: