Thursday, November 20, 2014

Cranky

Murray said she didn't want to go to the sixth floor of the hotel to check out the gym and hot-tub. She isn't homophobic but she was worried the people there might comment on how nice it was for me to bring my mom to Berlin if they saw her in her bathing suite. She has been apprehensive since the Mexican couple in Amsterdam mistook her for my mom.

Or perhaps her bruised ribs have made her cranky. She slipped off the arm rest on the train and her torso fell six inches onto the wooden arm rest. I know for many of the under forty crowd this seems implausible and perhaps you are beginning to suspect I am try to conceal some domestic violence issue. But the MurMonster has broken ribs before doing things as mundane as reaching across a tall wide counter for some coffee creamer.

On the upside it does give her an excuse to not feel guilty about having me carry her backpack and roller board (in addition to my roller board) up stairs and off of trains. 


The hotel restaurant


Fitness And Hot tub on the sixth floor. Perhaps one shouldn't bring one's mom.  

7 comments:

  1. They have a Hamburger Mary's there? Love that place. Give Murray a (gentle) hug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They do. We haven't ordered anything but drinks there yet. Now that she has healed up some, I have already forgotten and squeezed too hard. Hugs aren't supposed to hurt. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my. So what was the wellness center like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't ever seen someone wearing a tension ring before.

      Delete
  4. Oh and give Murray a gentle hug. So sorry!!!

    ReplyDelete