Tuesday, November 11, 2014

La Sylphide at the royal Danish theater

After the main ballet they did one called Etudes. It was all the stuff from our ballet 1 class including the bar on the wall with a bit of lighting choreography and music added. It was interesting to me to see what I am supposed to look like but it begged the question of why any non-dancer would want to see it. But looking around it appeared there were a lot of dancers in the audience. Scandanavians are attractive but most of the young people are not so twiggy and cut as the ones around me. I could imagine the older folks having sat through the forth grade version of bar warm ups even if they had never taken a lesson themselves. 




3 comments:

  1. Yeah, ballet not so much my thing. Maybe it has been too many years since my lessons. It does look majestic there, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never would have connected you and ballet in the same sentence before. Such broad horizons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. How could I have missed this culture of svelte women in tights?

    ReplyDelete