Monday, December 1, 2014

Punk in the post death metal era

Murray and I went cruising for live music in Budapest.  We came upon a Ramones tribute band.  They were actually decent musicians, which seemed to be against the spirit of punk.  They had good energy though.  The vocalist did throw in some post death metal accents into the tunes here and there.


It was 4 bucks to head down to where the band was.  I suggested Murray stay upstairs where it was safe and have a glass of wine.  It turned out for the best.  I could enjoy the show, rocking out with fingers in my ears, and not worry about the MurMonster getting sensory overload.  And the guy who was hitting on her upstairs provided a nice little ego boost while I was doing my thing.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I should read these posts with a glass of wine after work, they truly make me laugh aloud...and people walking by my desk just think I am odd.

    ReplyDelete