Saturday, December 6, 2014

Pics from the Louvre



Try to smile she is always saying.  It sounds like a good idea.

The MurMonster didn't feel well, so I took her home and came back to the Louvre.


Arcimboldo's The Four Seasons-  It is like surrealism (which I enjoy) but pre-enlightenment.  

Liberty, one of the best ideas in human history, but as with most projects, execution is the key.

I wonder if the Louvre is where Apple got the idea for the entrance to their NYC Store Entrance 

Gabrielle d'Estrées

Corot's Velleda  (it reminds me of the Lady of Shallot which was the one print I owned for the longst time)

What does it say about you if the most interesting thing you saw at the Louvre was a spiral staircase.  And not even THE Spiral Stair Case 


The statue of this guy is 3000 years old, but to me it still communicates that modern human expression of "hey man wanna buy some weed?".  He just looks like he wants to sell you a blunt.  I don't know if it is the smile or the eyes or the choice of headwear.  

Venus de Milo.  Ain't got arms, but she is still hot.

2 comments:

  1. The 3000 year old statue epitomizes a 'shrug' with his whole body.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. Perhaps it is the attitude I expect to go with that. But -its all good man.

      Delete