Thursday, January 8, 2015

We don't intend to hurt the ones we care about

The problem lay with expectations.  Behind the cupboard door in the picture, is a bag of Lund, white and mint chocolate balls.  I approached the cabinet three times, and each time the MurMonster thought "Oh he has come to give me a kiss on my birthday."

Then she figured out I was after a different kind of sugar.  Yet another case of unknown and unmet expectations.  The buddah claimed attachment is at the heart of our suffering, I think perhaps unvoiced expectations give attachments a run for their money.  To her credit she did explain to me why it had become so annoying to be sitting next to my where I keep my stash.  I don't think I would have ever figured it out on my own.




8 comments:

  1. Argh! The communication voodoo! Kudos to Murray for sharing her displeasure and to you for changing it up. Sweets are a powerful motivator...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok the silver lining here is that Murray still gets the butterflies when you are near her but the anticipation of a kiss can set high expectations. I would suggest you give her a box of chocolates but we know that would really just be your gratification so place the wine near your side of the bed :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as though it was a beautiful birthday!

    ReplyDelete