Saturday, January 3, 2015

Swan Lake

We went to see the Moscow Ballet do Swan Lake tonight.  I thought the dancing, especially the jester, was great.  Murray though the dancers ought to move together more.  It was a good thing I looked up the story before I went.  Not just because my spanish is so limited, but the program was in Mallorquin not Spanish.  Mallorquin is closer to French than Spanish, kind of like Catalan.  But the big bummer was they didn't have a live orchestra.   One of the big reasons I wanted to go is that I really like Tchaikovsky.  Swan Lake was one of the first three classical CDs I bought as a teen.

But the bathrooms at the auditorium were impressive.  Didn't really make up for the music though.




4 comments:

  1. Seriously? No live orchestra? That would be disappointing and unexpected. Speaking of unexpected and bathrooms, did you see the piece on the Filipino Shell gas station bathroom? Wow!!! http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/awesome-gas-station-bathroom-leave-flush-excitement/story?id=27900599

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac, I like that you have such a vast appreciation for music! It is a bummer they didn't have a live orchestra, which adds to any performance vs a track.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy a variety of music and hope I will continue to expand my horizons beyond hair metal, hard bop, and classical. I made a breakthrough with Opera a few years ago. I can't say I am an offcianado, but I can enjoy opera now. Perhaps someday I will develop an appreciation for hip hop, jam bands or even young country. You never know.

      Delete